About Dental Implants
Twelve years later and I'm still very satisfied
"I have nothing against "spare parts" if they can make your life easier- and that's what the implant has done for me," says Bengt Kalin. He works as a consultant-and has had an implant as a secure replacement for his left front tooth for twelve years now.
Nobody can see the difference!
I forgot that I have an implant for a front tooth," says Peter Hjelm a captain for a charter airline. " And I like it that way."
Dental Implant is an artificial tooth root that Dr. Horan places into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental Implants are an ideal option for people in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to Periodontal Disease, an injury, or some other reason.
While high-tech in nature, Dental Implants are actually more tooth-saving than traditional bridgework, since Dental Implants do not rely on neighboring teeth for support.
Dental Implants are so natural-looking and feeling, you may forget you ever lost a tooth. You know that your confidence about your teeth affects how you feel about yourself, both personally and professionally. Perhaps you hide your smile because of spaces from missing teeth. Maybe your dentures don't feel secure. Perhaps you have difficulty chewing. If you are missing one or more teeth and would like to smile, speak and eat again with comfort and confidence, there is good news! Dental Implants are teeth that can look and feel just like your own! Under proper conditions, such as placement by Dr. Horan and diligent patient maintenance, Implants can last a lifetime. Long-term studies continue to show improving success rates for Dental Implants.
What Dental Implants Can Do?
- Replace one or more teeth without affecting bordering teeth.
- Support a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture.
- Provide a support for a denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
Advantages of Dental Implants Over Dentures or a Bridge
Every way you look at it, Dental Implants are a better solution to the problem of missing teeth!
- Esthetic Dental Implants look and feel like your own teeth! Since Dental Implants integrate into the structure of your bone, they prevent the bone loss and gum recession that often accompany bridgework and dentures. No one will ever know that you have a replacement tooth.
- Tooth-Saving Dental Implants don't sacrifice the quality of your adjacent teeth like a bridge does because neighboring teeth are not altered to support the Implant. More of your own teeth are left untouched, a significant long-term benefit to your oral health!
- Confidence Dental Implants will allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence! They are secure and offer freedom from the irksome clicks and wobbles of dentures. They'll allow you to say goodbye to worries about misplaced dentures and messy pastes and glues.
- Reliable The success rate of Dental Implant is highly predictable. They are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
The ideal candidate for a Dental Implant is in good general and oral health and is a non-smoker. Adequate bone in your jaw is needed to support the Implant, and the best candidates have healthy gum tissues that are free of Periodontal Disease.
Dental Implants are intimately connected with the gum tissues and underlying bone in the mouth. Since Periodontists are the Dental Experts who specialize in precisely these areas, they are ideal members of your Dental Implant Team. Not only do Periodontists have experience working with other Dental Professionals, they also have the special knowledge, training and facilities that you need to have teeth that look and feel just like your own.